Thursday, August 12, 2010

Off the West-End

Do you love theatre but dislike the price tag that comes with west-end tickets? Then why not organise a trip to a nearby independent theatre.

With great shows, fewer tourists and affordable tickets, I would strongly recommend the following.

The Tricycle Theatre: Situated on Kilburn High Road, this theatre has a constant stream of great shows. Ticket prices are also very reasonable. While usually £15, Tuesday evenings and Saturday matinee performances are 'pay what you can' for students (the first 20 seats) and reduced to £8 on Wednesdays. There is also a very nice cinema and restaurant.

The Hampstead Theatre: To avoid confusion, the Hampstead Theatre is NOT in Hampstead, it is outside Swiss Cottage tube station. Once again, very interesting productions have been performed here with tickets at the £12 mark.

Lyric Hammersmith: I must confess, I have not yet visited this great venue. Then how could I possibly know of its greatness? (I hear you ask). Well...every time I have tried to book my reasonably priced £10 ticket for one of their shows, it has always already sold out!

Links:





No comments:

Post a Comment